Keith’s Coconut Curried Crab Legs
- 2 1/2 lbs butterflied steamed crab legs
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons Keith Lorren's Caribbean Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons Keith Lorren's Chicken Bouillon
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 6-7 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Keith Lorren's All Purpose Seasoning
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded
- 2 teaspoons allspice berries
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 bunches of scallions diced
- 3-4 cups of chopped pumpkin or butter nut squash
- 5 chopped potatoes
- 1 sliced red bell pepper for garnish
- olive oil for sautéing
- In a large pot, add 1/4 cup of olive oil and sauté Keith Lorren's Caribbean Curry Powder, garlic, ginger, all spice, scotch bonnet pepper, Keith Lorren's Chicken Bouillon, and black pepper, until flagrant (about 5 minutes.) Be careful not to burn. Stir constantly.
- Add onions, potato.
- Stir until vegetables are coated in seasoning (about 5 minutes).
- Add pumpkin, Keith Lorren's All Purpose Seasoning, and coconut milk.
- Add remaining onions.
- Simmer until potatoes and pumpkin are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add crab legs, red bell pepper, remaining scallions and onions.
- Simmer until crab legs are warm and the flavor has penetrated the meat (about 10-15 minutes).
- Garnish with scallions, Keith Lorren's All Purpose Seasoning, and red bell pepper. Serve with rice.
- Serve with rice and fried plantains and enjoy!!