Keith’s Greek Fasolada
- 1 lb dried white beans
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 sticks celery, strings removed and sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped (or 1-15oz can peeled tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 teaspoons Keith Lorren's All Purpose Seasoning
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the beans and place in a large saucepan.
- Cover with cold water and bring to a boil, skimming off any froth with a slotted spoon.
- Begin Simmering for 45 minutes.
- In a separate pan, sweat all the other ingredients in olive oil.
- Add mixture to beans.
- Continue cooking until beans are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, season with salt and pepper, and ladle onto bowls.
- Drizzle with Olive oil and enjoy!