Keith’s Latin Yellow Rice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large spanish onions
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 4 cups parboiled long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Coloring Powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon Keith Lorren's All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sherry or white wine
- 7 1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Sauté onion, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves and Keith Lorren's All Purpose Seasoning. Add rice, coloring powder, saffron, salt, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat, adjust flavoring, if needed.
- Cover with aluminum foil, place the lid on tightly, and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork.
- Garnish with cooked green peas, pimento, fresh chopped parsley and cilantro, olives, and scallions.
- Serve with everything!