- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups espresso
- 2 cups kahlua
- Splash of dark rum
- 48 lady fingers
- 1 oz dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup giradelli cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- dash Keith Lorren's Dessert Spice
- dash of salt
FOR THE MASCARPONE CREAM CUSTARD FILLING
- 7 egg yolks
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound of mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Chill custard in the refrigerator.
- Once cool, with an electric mixer, whip custard and marscapone cheese until light and airy.
- In a separate bowl, whip whipping cream, vanilla and powdered sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold whipping cream and cheese custard together. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Melt the expresso and chocolate.
- Add khalua to make a syrup.
- Individually moisten each ladyfinger with the syrup then place the ladyfingers into a single layer in a 2 1/2 quart bowl, and dust evenly with cocoa powder.
- Top with 1 inch thick layer of the marscapone filling.
- Repeat layering in this sequence until the bowl is full, ending with a layer of filling.
- Mix the coco powder, powdered sugar, dash of salt, keith's dessert spice pepper.
- Dust the entire surface of the tiramisu with cocoa powder mixture.
- Serve chilled.