Keith’s Ultimate French Toast
- 4 thick slices of challah bread, cinnamon raisin, or bread of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons butter
FOR SPICED SUGAR
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Dip bread in egg mixture on both sides. Do not let it get overly soaked.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle spiced mixture generously over the top of each side.
- in a non stick skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter and heat to medium heat.
- Add dipped bread and place a lid cover over the bread to allow the steam to cook the bread for about 30 seconds. Remove the lid.
- Once the side is golden brown and sugar has caramelized, flip and cook the other side without the lid.
- Repeat the same process until all 4 slices are cooked
- Serve with maple syrup, sliced bananas, blueberries or strawberries.