Coconut Steamed Fish
- 4 snapper whole or filet
- 2 tablespoons Keith’s Complete Seasoning plus more for seasoning fish
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 large onion sliced into rings
- 1 cup pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2 large carrots cut into sticks
- 1/2 cup of chopped okra
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 tsp allspice berries
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- fresh scallions for garnish
- 1 tomato large diced
- 6 tablespoons butter sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro for garnish
- black pepper to taste
- Wash and dry fish.
- Season inside and out lightly with Keith Lorren's All Purpose Seasoning.
- Add coconut milk in pan with allspice, flour, scotch bonnet, chicken bouillon, pumpkin, thyme, remaining seasoning, and carrots.
- Simmer briefly (5 minutes).
- Add fish, okra, tomato and top with remaining red bell pepper, onion, scallions.
- Dot fish with butter slices.
- Steam for 15-20 minutes with lid on, over medium high heat until fish is tender and vegetables are soft.
- Serve with rice and fried plantains!